Old January 6th 05, 03:01 AM
Calif Bill

The fact that he was in a 1/2 ton pickup and they claim they did not see
him, negates all his arguments about only looking forward, not up / down.
As to getting rear ended and seeing it coming, yes you can. I got rear
ended at a stop light. Guys brakes failed, and I sam him coming to fast,
but no where to escape. I laid across the seat and braced myself.
Bill

"FredO" .> wrote in message
> I have had to do that same thing on several occasions (accelerate away

from someone I saw in my rear view mirror who had no idea I
> was in front of them) in my 1/2 ton GMC 4X4 P/up
> Fredo
> "Pounds on Wood" > wrote in message

> >> Unfortunately, JR is probably telling the unvarnished truth.
> >>
> >> Drivers tend to look straight ahead and neither up nor down - if they

> > don't
> >> see another driver's head or the roofline of a vehicle then, to them,

it
> >> simply isn't there.
> >>
> >> I was rear-ended by a driver who "didn't see" my '62 MG Midget, hit

head