Old July 15th 05, 04:07 PM
Eric Baber

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> pws > wrote:
>
>> It sounds to me like you cheaped out on buying the ox.

> In my defense: after my earlier livestock purchases, the car maintenance
> budget was somewhat depleted for the quarter. Still, I kept scanning
> farmanimals.ebay.com for oxen, but I kept getting outbid by a cult of
> fundamentalist Babylonian sodbusters from Kansas. *sigh*

This reminds me of a hilarious episode that happened to me about a year ago.
I was on holiday on a small Greek island. One day a whole bunch of people in
white descended on the island, all Americans (myself and my friends with
whom I was there are from the UK). It transpired that they were members of
some cult or other who were convinced that Armageddon was to take place on
one of the days we were there, and the only place in the whole world that
would survive was this particular island. They holed themselves up in a
hotel they'd group-booked, then reappeared the night before the Big Day and
went wandering around the town. Needless to say, Armageddon didn't actually
take place. What we wanted to know was:

- How did they get back home? One would assume they got one-way tickets.
- Once they got home (if indeed they did), did they have anything left to go
back to? Or had they told their bosses to shove it, sold the house and spent
all the money on one hell of a party?
- What DID they get up to in that hotel in the few days they disappeared
from view??!!

All I can say is keep scanning farmanimals.ebay.com, Lanny, something's
bound to turn up sooner or later.

Eric