Old July 22nd 05, 01:43 AM
NCV-VT

Apparently "known issues" with the 2002:

high failure rate on wheel bearings. (I had three go at once, and I've herd
of numerous other instances)
high failure rate on rear differential (there is a program on this - you
still pay part)
(minor) propensity of the rear appliqué panel (under the rear window) to
crack in cold weather. (also a program and you still pay part) (just look
closely at as many as you can find in one parking lot).

2002 V-8 XLT, now at 66,000, meticulously maintained synthetic oil miles.
Not my first Ford, but probably my last.