Old June 30th 05, 12:44 PM

Default evaporator temp probe

How important is the placement of the evaporator temp probe in the
evaporator? Can the misplacement cause a vent temp problems?
History is my 1998 Caravan 3.3 had the evaporator replaced earlier
this month and I have always been able to get 45deg in rec. mode,Now
the lowest it will go is 53deg and I have to use the fastest fan speed.
If I use my normal second fan speed it will raise to 60deg.
Have been back to the chrysler dealer 3 times now and they continue to
tell me pressures are normal. What are they missing?

Thanks for any help
JohnR