Old January 22nd 05, 04:44 PM
bug '59

Default Hinge pin removal

Hello Ramva,

I'm planning on changing my right door hinge pin with the one with threads
on it, to install a right side mirror.
I've tried to smack it out with a hammer and (a too small)driver, but it
won't come out.

A google search gave me some pointers, like using an airhammer or a special
device from Eastwood. I've also tried a pulley-puller(?english?) but there
was no room for that.
An other suggestion was to drill a hole in the top, cut some thread in it
and then bolting a slideable weight on top. Slide the weight up with force
and take out the pin.

So my question is; how do i take it out?? Should i use a bigger hammer or is
that a big NO NO??

And once out, how will i get the new one (with threads) in??

Any help is appreciated!!

Greetings from holland,
Roger