Old July 24th 05, 03:50 PM
RoyJ

You should always consider resurfacing the flywheel when you do a clutch
job, especially if you smoked the clutch badly (smoke pouring out) or it
was chattering before it died. Inspect the wear surface, see if it has
groves, surface checks, or one side deeper than the other. Typically
they only take off .020" to .050" so there is very little change in the
critical dimensions.

A good auto machine shop can clean it up in a few minutes, $25 to $50
range. Good insurance to keep you from having to do it agian shortly.