Old April 18th 06, 12:44 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default off road areas in socal with a 2wd silverado

On 15 Apr 2006 13:19:16 -0700, "argen" > wrote:

>I recently purchased a 2003 Silverado 5.3L 2WD with a 5 inch lift. I
>know having a 2WD there is limitation as far as going off roading comes
>to, but i wanna see what this truck is possible to do. What places
>would you reccomend to go to near Long Beach area?

Install some 4.88 or 5.13 gears since you do not have a low range and
the deeprs gears will improve traction too. (see link below) Also
install a selectable locker in rear like a Eaton E-locker or a ARB. DO
this and with some good driving, you will be surprized as to where you
can go with a 2wd truck. ALso a few hunderd lbs of ballast located by
tailgate will help a lot too.

http://forum.snoman.com/viewtopic.php?t=63
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com