Old January 7th 05, 02:43 AM
Shag

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 02:29:14 GMT, MUADIBŪ
> wrote:

>>Some look cool. I can get my head round cutting and welding but what to
>>do about the glass ?

>I have been watching this thread a little , and my knowledged, albeit
>very little, is that when you do a chopped top on a car, you cut the
>roof to allow the back glass to be re-used *as-is*. the rest of the
>glass is usually easy to have built or in some cases, just roll the
>windows up till they top out for the sides.....

That's what I was thinking. "Just roll the windows up as far as they
will go." :-) A guy I work with (this happened about 7 years ago)
noticed I was into VW's and tried to sell me a VW Bug he'd chopped the
top on. I drove out to his place and checked it out and it SUCKED.
I mean the chop job was BAD. He wasn't home and his wife wouldn't
even let me attempt to start the car. I only asked to start the car
to be polite because 5 seconds after being within 5 feet of the car I
knew I wouldn't even tow it back to my house for free out of sympathy.
Her saying "no" was just the reason to back out of ever being a part
of that deal. Not today... I don't see the attraction to chopping
the top on any vehicle. I guess some people like the look? Because
it sure as hell isn't functional.

---

"Knowledge speaks; wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix
"Stupid people are funny." - me