Old May 21st 05, 06:26 AM
Edward Strauss

Daniel J. Stern > wrote:
> On Fri, 20 May 2005, Edward Strauss wrote:

> > > The Maxi-Frig designation MX-12a is a dead giveaway. HC-12a, ES-12a
> > > "EnviroSafe", etc. -- they're all the same illegal hydrocarbon blend.

> > What country are they illegal in?

> The US.

It is not approved for automotive use in the U.S. It is not illegal to
sell or own... People love to scream "illegal" from a keyboard. Run
into a shop or store that has the stuff on a hot day and try screaming
"illegal" and see how it goes...

> > It is no more dangerous than
> > that large tank with gasoline that rides behind you when you are driving
> > your vehicle.

> The fuel system is specifically designed to store and transport flammable
> fluid. The A/C system is not.

In a new vehicle. Once the years and rust sets in it is another story.
In any serious motor vehicle accident there is always the threat of fire
from the primary fuel source. Now we have hybrids that are a lovely mix
of high voltage and gasoline. I would use Hot Shot in something like that
just for spite.