Old May 6th 05, 04:22 AM
K9KO

The install kit I seen at WM did not have the removal tool or wiring
adapters enclosed. The packaging is deceiving.
In small print is says best used with/then in large print DIN removal
tool and wiring, giving you the impression its enclosed.
And the connectors at WM for the explorer were 2 of the long ones that
would have fit my radio but not the vehicle end.
I think my next step is to pull one out of a similar vehicle in a
salvage yard and check the wiring.

Ulysses wrote:
Yesterday I was at Walmart and apparently there are install kits
available that attach to the new stereo and then it pops into the slot
like the Ford stereo. The kits also seem to come with a removal tool.
There are also wiring adapters but Walmart didn't have the right ones in
stock.