Old May 23rd 04, 12:21 PM
Aad Doix

Hi GJ,

That is true, but cleaning the filter is dependant of the environment you
driving in. When you drive your car in dusty conditions, the airfilter needs
more regular cleaning than when driving in non-dusty environment. The same
is for the stock airfilters, they need more frequent replacement then.
Overhere in Holland you do not have to clean the filter in less than 40-60k
miles (or 60 to 100k km's). But in the initial question one was asking what
exactly is true of destroying your airmass sensor when using K&N airfilters.
The use itselfs does not do any harm to your car, the cleaning and re-oiling
in the wrong way can have destructive effects on the airmass sensor.

BTW. I remember your story about the 156, it is OK right now?

Greetz,

Aad (145QV)

> K&N filters need re-oiling every 100000km's (!!)
> Why bother re-oiling them, just buy a new one!
> Or why over oil them; they don't seem to need any oil as the first oil

will