Old August 10th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

Default Saab Convertible Hydraulic Oil

Steve B. > wrote:
>I have a '99 Saab with a major leak somewhere in the tops hydraulic
>circuit. Problem is all the fluid leaked out and I can't tell where
>the leak was.
>
>Saab wants $38 for a little bitty bottle of fluid for the top. I hate
>to spend that much just to find the leak knowing it will all leak back
>out while I wait for parts. Anybody know what type of fluid this
>actually is? I would like to find a cheaper alternative.

If it's what I think it is, you can get it from anybody that sells German
car parts. It's the same fluid the Citroens use, too. And I hate to tell
you this, but you are going to pay through the nose for the stuff no matter
where you get it.
--scott