Old October 28th 04, 02:28 AM
Philip Nasadowski

In article et>,
"Steven M. Scharf" > wrote:

> JC Penney did have a lifetime warranty on car batteries to the original
> owner. JC Penney still honors this warranty, more than two decades after the
> product was no longer offered, and despite the fact that JC Penney no longer
> even has auto service or sells auto parts.

On the flip side, Tektronix no longer honors their 'lifetime' warrenty
on oscilloscope transformers, even though there's plenty of 400 and 500
series scopes out there. They claim that the products are 'beyond their
useful lives' even though they work just ducky. I mother****ing hate
them for that - I'll NEVER buy a Tek scope (not like the new ones are
any good)

BTW, Snap-On really DOES mean lifetime on their handtools - my dad's
replaced 30+ year old stuff that's broken...