Old April 28th 04, 06:52 AM
George Graves

In article <6Yzjc.10404$EV2.97355@amstwist00>,
"Alfistagj" > wrote:

> "George Graves" > schreef in bericht
> > The RZ/SZ site's history is wrong in one respect. It says that the
> > engine was a 3.0 liter DUAL overhead cam unit. It was not, it was a
> > stock 3.0-liter 'S' engine which was a SINGLE overhead cam motor. Alfa
> > didn't have a DOHC V-6 until 1994.
> >
> > --
> > George Graves

> George,
>
> In the specification section:
> Valve arrangement: V-type overhead. 1 overhead camshaft per bank with
> rocker-arms, toothed belt.
>
> In the RZ/SZ "story" section:
> The 2959 cc., double overhead camshaft V6 light alloy engine with the banks
> set at 60 degrees and conventional 2 valves per cylinder was kept on as the
> sole candidate for the SZ.
>
> Where did you read what you quoted??

Right there what you quoted 'dual overhead camshafts.' In order for a
V-engine to have DOHC, it would have to have two per bank, or at least
that's been the convention as long as I have cared about cars (more than
40 years). One camshaft per bank is a single overhead camshaft engine
which is what the 12-valve Alfa V-6 is.

--
George Graves