Old August 18th 06, 12:02 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Eisboch[_1_]

Default 2007 M5 with a real manual transmission

"Dave Plowman (News)" > wrote in message

> In article <63cfe03be6970@uwe>,
> LSW <u24529@uwe> wrote:
>> Is BMW coming out with a true manual transmission in the 2007 M5? Some
>> magazines say so, but dealers people say they have not heard that this
>> going to happen. Has anyone heard if it is really happening and if so
>> when will they be available?

> I'd say it's unlikely due to the massive peak torque. BMW buy in their
> gearboxes, and it may be that a suitable one isn't available.

The last I read, the six speed manual gearbox option for the '07 M5 will be
available, but not until October.
There are also some rumors that the DSC, which may be disabled with the 7
speed SMG, will not be able to be disabled with the 6 speed.

Eisboch