Old October 30th 04, 09:33 PM
Bill Putney

Stephen wrote:

> ...After reading
> a few posts it sounds like a bad battery could cause some funky things
> to happen while the car is running in these cars. Does anyone know if
> the alternator could be giving me intermittent problems, as in it only
> works part of the time? I thought when alternators went bad they died
> completely.

Based on my hanging out on Chrysler- and LH-specific forums and
ownership of a Concorde for a over 3 years, I would say that an
alternator failing on these cars is *very* rare (don't know that I've
ever seen a post about a failed LH alternator). When things start
acting screwy on the dash on these cars, it's almost always a battery
problem. They don't act like other cars I've messed with over the years
with charging system issues.

Just to be safe, check your battery connection. There is a direct
connection from the battery to the alternator, so the only places for a
bad connection to the alternator are at the battery and at the alternator.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')