Old May 1st 06, 08:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default '99 Explorer Sport Rear Wiper keeps failing

In article >,
"zoti" > wrote:

> Remove the rear wiper and spray a generous amount of WD40 into the
> mechanism. That solved the problem for me about 3 years ago and the wiper
> still works. Now if I could only get it to actually wipe the rear window and
> not just half of it...

Thanks!I'll try that! I've had this notion that it's weather connected,
thinking maybe weather gets inside and shorts the connection.

You know, I had that problem too. I think it's the type of wiper.
Whenever I bought a new blade at an auto parts store, it never made
solid contact with the glass, but the Ford ones always seemed to work
fine, so now I just buy them from the parts dep't. at my dealership.

--
Remove "REMOVETHIS" from email address when replying directly.