Old May 1st 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default '99 Explorer Sport Rear Wiper keeps failing

Remove the rear wiper and spray a generous amount of WD40 into the
mechanism. That solved the problem for me about 3 years ago and the wiper
still works. Now if I could only get it to actually wipe the rear window and
not just half of it...

"The Fog" > wrote in message
. net...

> Every so often (6-8 months) the rear wiper on my 99 Explorer stops
> working. I can hear the relay going in the back and I can also what
> sounds like the motor engaging.
> While it was under warranty I had no problem asking the dealership to
> fix it. Now that it's not, I'm going to bother to figure out why it
> keeps happening. It seems like it's a bad design for it to repeat.
> I sort of think it has to do with some connection between the motor and
> the wiper arm becoming worn or loose. Is it possible (I wouldn't rule
> this out, personally) that slamming the rear door shut could do the

damage?