Old July 22nd 05, 03:45 PM
N8N

> "Ashton Crusher" > wrote in message
>
> > I like headlights better when they are used as headlights and DRLS
> > when they are shoved up the drivers ass - they are ALL irritating.
> > Anyone who can't see a car during the day unless it has lights on
> > should have their license revoked.

> It isnt quite that simple, Ashton. It would be simpler if drivers stayed
> alert and used their lighting religiously when the conditions dictate..
> But they dont.
> Mist, fog, haze, rain coupled with an asshole who will not turn on his
> lights make for dangerous conditions.

And IMHO DRL's just make the problem WORSE not better. Very few DRL
implementations light up the sides or rear of the car, and the ones
using high beams are painfully glaring under any conditions that would
warrant regular headlight use. The world would be a better place if
auto mfgrs. just built cars, and stopped trying to save us from
ourselves.

nate