Old July 6th 05, 01:47 AM
Jeff Strickland

They are brake discs.

New discs for your car should run about $50 each for the standard
replacements. The pads should run another $50 for the axle-set. This puts
the repairs at $150 plus the labor. (All prices are USD). You said that you
aren't racing or anything, just get new discs from the local parts store.
They will have two or three different discs to choose from, based on price.
My theory is that the mid-priced or high-priced parts will have a better
warranty than the cheap parts.

"Vlad" > wrote in message
> Hi there.
> Just a quick couple of questions for you knowledgeable lot that I would
> apprecate answers to...
>
> I have been told by the mechanics that my front disks are showing early
> signs of slight warping and that would probably need to be replaced soon.
> So, being a resident of the rip-off island, I am looking at the local
> mechanics charging several limbs for pattern parts. I thought I'd be

clever
> and try to source the parts myself.
> The car in question is a 1996 318ti compact(E36), not really worth

spending
> too much on and definitelly not driven agressively enough to warrant a
> "grooved" or "drilled" disks...
>
> Q1) The car has stock solid disks (12mm, I think). Now would I be able to
> replace these with "vented" (22mm, I think) disks without having to get

the