Old May 20th 05, 05:35 AM
dubljay

I think you may be on to something with this. When I purchased the
car I found a service manual (cover looks similar to that of a Bently)
in the trunk. In the manual were print outs of another manual
concerning the installation of a timing belt. These prints were in
the same section in the maunal. I have a feeling that the timing belt
was replaced. I didn’t even think to check to see if it was installed
correctly, I figured if I hadn’t been the car wouldn’t have run at
all.

Thank you!

-Josh

"dave AKA vwdoc1" wrote:
>So if it is generally slow make sure that the timing belt is

correctly