Old May 19th 05, 01:35 PM
One out of many daves

Well if you just bought the car and it passed the emissions AND it was
running this way...........How do you know you have a loss of power?

Well back to the basics....
Check compression.....maybe even a leak down test
Examine spark plugs well and make sure that they are gapped properly.
Check timing and advance since that will tell you the condition of the knock
sensor. The knock sensor will give you a big loss of power if it is bad or
not torqued down correctly.
Check vacuum since a leak could cause your problems too.
Oh and get a Bentley for your vehicle. I think someone has a website
dedicated to the Digifant II system if that is what you have on your CA
equipped Jetta.

Hope this gives you a few leads. ;-)
--
later,