Old July 18th 05, 08:35 PM
C. E. White

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 12:22:45 GMT, "C. E. White"
> > wrote:
>
>>> Think of it as Road Karma in action.

>>I don't get it. It seems to me the guy in the SUV was doing nothing wrong.

> He was needlessly blocking traffic by driving at half the posted speed
> limit in the left lane. You see nothing wrong with that? Oh, wait - I
> forgot who I was talking to.
>
>>If he had driven 55 up to the intersection, he would have had to lock up
>>his
>>brakes to keep from hitting the Durango.

> No, he could have changed lanes just as I did.
>
>>If you hadn't decided to switch
>>into LLB mode, the SUV drive could have switched into the left lane and
>>sailed through the intersection at full speed as well.

> The Sloth Coaster was in the left lane the entire time, as was the
> Dreamer's Durango. And, since I was moving twice as fast as he was
> (once I escaped his rolling roadblock), he could have changed lanes
> behind me. For whatever reason he was too witless to do so.
>
>>You seem to think
>>you have a right to drive like a total ass because anyone in front of you
>>is
>>a "Sloth" driver. Grow up.

> Driving at the posted speed limit is driving "like a total ass?"
>
> I think you're starting to lose it, Ed...

Well you are including additional information not in your original post. I
thought you were totally against passing on the right? And slowing down to
catch the light while you are still rolling can increase the average speed
of traffic (hitting the intersection at 30 mph is faster than stopping and
accelerating from 0). Roaring up to a red light and screeching to a halt
wastes gas and time. I'll admit there are cases where people slow down way
to much and way to soon. However, it seems to me that your characterization
of the SUV driver in your little story is just another case of you trying to
demonize someone driving in a safe and reasonable manner (well except for
possibly being an LLB - sounds like it was a busy surface street). At worst,
he did nothing to interfere with you. In fact it seems to me like you should
have titled your little story, "How I cut off another diver and passed him
on the right." Every time I see one of your "sloth driver" tales, all I see
is a bad driver trying to justify his rude and possibly dangerous behavior
by claiming the other guy is a "sloth." I guess we are lucky we are a
continent apart. I can only imagine how you would have written he story if
the SUV driver had switched to right lane in front of you......maybe you
would have said - "Killer Sloth SUV Driver slows me down by 1 sec at a
light...."

Ed