Old March 7th 05, 12:16 AM
oboe110

Default Auto insurance: Seattle vs. Los Angeles and BI vs. PD

Recently, I moved from Los Angeles to Seattle. One thing
I expected was a big cut in my auto insurance. So I called my
insurance company (AAA). Here is the quote (for 1 year) I got:

Bodily Injury Liability (BI) $100K/$300K $383
Property Damage Liability (PD) $50K $279

Here is what I paid while in Los Angeles:

Bodily Injury Liability (BI) $100K/$300K $554
Property Damage Liability (PD) $50K $266

Notice the insurance for property damage liability in Seattle
is even higher than that in L.A.

Absolute dollar aside, does the ratio of BI over PD make sense?