Old September 22nd 04, 11:11 PM
Hamish

Default Prelude starting

My son has just bought a 1998 Honda Prelude 2.0i with 50000 miles and full
Honda service history. His problem is that when the engine is warm, and he
tries to start it, the starter motor turns the engine, the engine seems to
fire and then the starter motor stops, and the engine then quickly stalls.
If the key is kept turned the starter will re-engage for a short time, but
the starter stops almost immediately, and the engine does not run.

I know most of the group is American and I don't think you got this model
over there, so if you have any idea why this single OHC 2.0 injection
engine, might be doing this, your help would be good.

Thanks
Hamish