Old January 10th 05, 01:10 AM
DriveSpy

Default Ideas where to put XM receiver in Jetta

I'd appreciate a few ideas here. I'm 95% certain I'm getting a Delphi SkyFi2
receiver unit in my trusty 94 Jetta sometime in the next few days. I initally
liked the Roady2 because its smaller but I like the controls on the SkyFi
better. Anyway...
Does anyone have any "cool" places to mount this thing on the dash. I've
thought about on the left side under the headlight switch area, but that seems
a little too easy for someone to notice for a quick and easy grab. Also to the
right of the center stack below where I suppose the airbag would inflate. I
guess there's no great place.
Oh and on this wireless FM modulator feature. Where is that signal radiated
from. On person said it is actually in the XM antenna and another said the
body of the receiver. I figure the closer I can get it to the Jetta antenna
the better, within reason.
And I really don't want to buy a new radio with integrated XM for the car.

Thanks in advance.