Old October 27th 04, 09:08 AM
Zathras

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:42:44 GMT, "Domestos" <never.you@mind> wrote:

>I just got a quote for my Alfa 156 to be serviced from a main dealer and
>they quoted me the outragous sum of 415 GBP. It is for the 24,000 mile
>service on a 156 1.9JTD.

Ho Ho! That's just an opening offer!! Just you wait 'till they get
your car in and say there's some 'bushes need replacement!'. They'll
soon DOUBLE that quote. If they've got your car in already and that's
the final quote..you're laughing mate - you're lucky!

> Please tell me I can get it cheaper somwhere else
>and still keep my 3 year warrinty!

Possibly not worth it! You may well need replacement parts for your
car and then you'll need that magical Alfa warranty. Parts aren't that
expensive but labour is and you need lots of it for everything you do
on a 156. I ended up getting worn parts replaced under warranty which
I was completely amazed at. It did help reduce the £900 ish bill for
24000 mile service though.

Next time you go for a service, make sure you've got £1000 in your
wallet just wanting to escape! Just remember that Alfa does to your
wallet what Domestos does to your toilet!!

Oh..I just remembered..getting the aircon serviced is 'voluntary' and
it kinda needs done every so often. I do mine every couple of years on
the 156. Factor in another £100 for that too. Alternatively, you can
let all the gas escape over time and the seals and A/C compressor will
die. At that point you get another 'outrageous' sum to pay.

I love my Alfa..I hate it's servicing costs..

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)