Old January 12th 05, 10:36 PM
Randolph

> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know where I might be able to read the wireless FOB
> information? I'm basically looking to get indication when the keyless
> "lock" command is received, as is the keyless "unlock" command.
>
> I plan to run the signals into electronics for a project. If I were
> to simply grab the 12vdc going to the lights, that would be no good as
> it would be triggered at other times.
>
> Hopefully it can be had under the dash?
>
> Is there a module the controls the locks, and has separate inputs for
> lock and unlock and trunk from the wireless receiver?
>
> The more I think about it, a module to detect rain and roll up
> windows/shut sunroof would be handy also.

I don't know the specifics of the 01 Accord, but in recent vintage
Hondas the receiver is integrated with the door lock control module.
Thus the lock and unlock signal pulses may not be easily accessible. You
could read the door lock actuator wires instead. Each actuator has two
wires (well, two wores that count, some times there are additional wires
for switches inside the actuator), applying 12 V with one polarity
unlocks, the other polarity locks. Tapping into these wires in the
driver's door will work (any other door may not, since with the priority
unlock feature it is possible to unlock the driver's door only, the
remaining actuators will not se any action). In the old days, the
actuator wires were accessible under the dash as well, on the '01 the
signals may (and I don't know if this is the case) be multiplexed onto a
bus going into the door, and thus hard to access.

Typically both actuator wires are grounded at rest, and lock and unlock
is done with a positive pulse on one lead or the other. Pulse length is
usually on the order of 0.5 - 1.0 seconds. You could tap into the wires
directly, or you could use two polarized opto-couplers, one in each
direction.

There is a Haynes manual for the 98 - 02 Accord (#42014). They usually
have decent wiring diagrams. I have found Haynes manuals at several
public libraries.