Old July 21st 05, 01:13 AM
egalas

Default Water pump woes

My 1989 GXL engine, replaced with factory rebuild at 108,000 went belly
up(june 20, 2005) on the freeway due to water pump failure ansubsequent
overheat before I could safely stop.
The garage elected to retain the original WP at the time of the swap (Feb
2002), which I agrred to with reluctance at thae time.

Do I have any recourse to get the engine replaced or repaired for free?
The WP was ok at that time, but other mechanics say the Wp should ALWAYS
be replaced at swap time.

Now, at age 73, retired on Social Security, I have no car, and after
spending over $9,000 with that garage since 2002 to keep it in good shape,
I'm feeling really cheated.

Waht do you think? Wouldl a small claims judge think I have a case?

Thanks in advance for your help.