Old December 21st 04, 09:21 PM
Pete

"Cynthia L Shelley" wrote

> 1.) Rough cold idle - Dealer claims service bulletin advises customers
> to use lower octane (87) gas to solve the issue. Dealer refused to
> provide copy of the bulletin. This makes no sense to me as higher
> octane gas is required in the owner's manual, and has a lower flash
> point, should burn easier ???

Get on the www.AudiWorld.com forums and find someone in your area with a
VAG-COM tool. Ask them to read the error codes off the ECU. You might
find an answer there, because it sounds like your dealer is not
interested in finding this answer. Using lower than recommended octane
gas sounds suspicious to me. Without knowing the error codes, it's hard
to guess the problem though - it might be a failing spark plug or a
failing coilpack, or clogged up throttle body, although on such a new
car that is unlikely.

> 2.) Loose driver's seat - dealer claims this is a known issue that
> Audi refuses to repair - Again this makes no sense to me on a brand
> new $45K car ???
>
> 3.) Dealer made me pay a premium to use synthetic oil, and claims Audi
> does not require synthetic in A6 2.7 TS - this is odd as a turbo
> charged engine usually benefits from synthetic.???

Yeah, that's a neusance. Nonetheless, I'd make sure to use synthetic
oil in this engine. You can bring your own synthetic oil with you when
you come in for 'free' service - it'll probably be cheaper that way
rather than buying it from the dealer.

> I bought the car from this dealer, who is the only audi dealer in a
> few hundred miles, so I cannot confirm what they communicated to me.

That sucks. There are some decent Audi dealers, but there are many just
like yours. Especially with no alternatives nearby, they don't care much
about keeping a customer, much less keeping a customer happy. I would
definitely file a complaint with Audi of America customer service. If
you complain long enough and hard enough, they may do something for you.

Good luck,

Pete