Old December 21st 04, 06:47 PM
deadissue.com

Cynthia L Shelley wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has had similar issues with their A6's:
>
> 1.) Rough cold idle - Dealer claims service bulletin advises

customers to
> use lower octane (87) gas to solve the issue. Dealer refused to

provide copy
> of the bulletin. This makes no sense to me as higher octane gas is

required
> in the owner's manual, and has a lower flash point, should burn

easier ???

> 2.) Loose driver's seat - dealer claims this is a known issue that

Audi
> refuses to repair - Again this makes no sense to me on a brand new

$45K car
> ???
>
> 3.) Dealer made me pay a premium to use synthetic oil, and claims

Audi does
> not require synthetic in A6 2.7 TS - this is odd as a turbo charged

engine
> usually benefits from synthetic.???
>
> I bought the car from this dealer, who is the only audi dealer in a

few
> hundred miles, so I cannot confirm what they communicated to me.

Cynthia, you're not alone. I was just researching today to see if
anyone else had faced the same type of treatment by this company. I
was told that because I didn't have proof of my 40K mile checkup that
they wouldn't pay for a factory defect where the oil pressure light
goes on erroneously and the engine sounds horrible. The idle grew
louder and clunkier as time went on. The condition of the engine
deteriorated quickly.

There were five others that very same day reporting the very same
problem. The representative tells me that Audi had sent out a mailing
informing all customers of the defect and that Audi would pay for the
repair if each service record could be provided. I'm missing one out
of four and they say it's going to be 500 (300 quoted origionally to
tear the engine apart to start, jumped to 'around 500 bucks' once I
started pushing back on the rest of the bill), to fix the problem they
say it will run at least 1500 dollars. So that's two grand for a
factory defect on, as you pointed out, a very expensive car to begin
with.

My fiancee owns the car, and I've been driving her to and from work
each day in my car. After three years of dealing with Audi, we're both
sick of getting screwed each time we bring it in there. One time she
brought it in for the 20K mile tuneup and they just put on new tires
without asking her. Said that the inspection would require them. When
I act on her behalf they don't even try that sort of trick, but I'm
getting nowhere so far in terms of getting Audi to fix what's wrong
with it now.

Once it's fixed, however it happens, we're planning on selling it. The
way they run their business is unfortunate. They can do it because the
high-end market is assumed to care less about splurging on their toys,
so a grand here and there for upkeep isn't that much of a big deal.
For those of us who can't throw the dough around like that it's a
struggle.

I feel the case could have merit for a class action lawsuit. I'm going
to post this elsewhere and see who else is out there with the same
issues. Whether we all have to bite the bullet and pay now or not,
Audi is extorting money here. We purchase the product at a high price
so that these types of things don't happen.