Old August 23rd 06, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
mike[_6_]

Default Trivia questions - just for fun.

Steve wrote:
> Lhead wrote:
> > 1. What was the first American car company to produce an overhead cam
> > engine?

> Who knows- that's kinda lost in the mists of antiquity. I know
> Duesenberg used a "modern by modern standards" DOHC 32-valve inline 8
> (in normally aspirated and supercharged versions) in the 1920s. But I
> doubt it was the first. There was an awful lot of experimentation with
> engine configurations (OHC, L-head, T-head, OHV, etc.) in the 19-teens
> and 20s before things settled in on the OHV cam-in-block setup in the
> 50s thru late 70s.

The 1910 Jackson used a shaft driven OHC, so might be a 1st for that,
rather than using a chain, which was a pre 1900 maker. Wilks? Motor
Company or something

> > 3. What American car holds the record for number of carburetors as
> > delivered from the factory?

Miller had an eight carb motor for racecars, but I don't know if that
counts as 'Factory'

**
mike
**