Old March 12th 05, 12:49 AM
Dave C.

"Andrew White" > wrote in message
> "Dave C." > wrote:
>
> >So he CONFIRMED that car dealers are (on the whole) crooks
> >who will not sell a car unless they can RIP YOU OFF. A car won't be sold

at
> >a "profit", it will only be sold if the dealership makes a killing.

> Dave, do people frequently tell you that you're an idiot? Because you
> really are. The above statement is as dumb and ignorant as any pig
> farmer from the 1940's would utter. But it shouldn't come out of a
> mouth of a self-proclaimed educated consumer in the 21st century. It
> is really simple: the fact that you know the invoice, holdback,
> incentives and rebates on a particular model does NOT BY ANY MEANS
> mean that you know what the dealer's FULL COST is. You don't run their
> finances so you don't know how much they pay their employees, what the
> rent and utilities cost them, what their taxes are, and so on and so
> on. What YOU may consider a "fair profit" may actually put the dealer
> 5-10% in the red.

Are YOU going to claim that a dealer in California can sell a specific car
for a specific price that would put any New England area dealer 5-10% in the
red??? If anything, the exact opposite should be true, as real estate in
California is outrageously expensive, even compared to real estate in New
England, which isn't cheap.

What I posted was confirmed by a regional sales manager from California. If
you don't like it, it does no good to call me an idiot for posting the
truth, straight from the source. PROVE HIM WRONG. Your argument isn't with
me -Dave