Old December 17th 04, 11:07 PM
Logan Parker

I had a 93 Saturn SL1, which was my favorite... Worked like a dream and
never costed me much at all for maintence.... Think all I put in it before
I sold it at 300,000kms was an alternator, battery and the front control
arms.

Then I bought a used 98 SC1, which I just sold a month and a half ago. It
was a great car as well, but it was going to need a head gasket soon (very
slow leakage around the outside of the seal in one corner). Plus I was
getting bored with it, wanted something new.

My original plan was the Smart Fortwo, but Mercedes-Benz had awful lease
prices on it. I'll wait a couple years. Then I was considering either an
04 Ion or 04 Echo hatch. I decided I really like the idea of a hatchback,
and was very close on the echo. Then I found the Chevy Aveo (aka. Pontiac
Wave, Suzuki Swift+). I leased an 04 Aveo LS, loaded with everything except
automatic tranny. With all the rebates on 04's, and the GM gas card, my
payments are much lower then the base echo hatch with air. Even after
driving both, the Aveo is quieter inside, and drives much better, although
the echo does have better fuel mileage and a little more peppy.

Anyway, I'm very happy with my purchase, I'd highly recommend the
Aveo/Wave/Swift+ to anyone. Also, if you want to buy, and want the coolest
car ever designed, check out the smart fortwo.