Old August 18th 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
[email protected][_1_]

Default CEL P1135 (do I have to?)

On my way home from work the other day my check engine light came on.
The next day I had it at the mechanic to see what that was all about.
They came back with a code P1135: Manufacturer's Controller Air & Fuel
Metering Air/fuel sensor heating circuit (reading off the estimate) for
~$300. My question is: what happens if I don't have this done
(short-term and long-term)? I'm not too up on these things, so to me
"sensor" just tells me that it's monitoring something and not actually
DOING anything...therefore it's probably fine, although if the air/fuel
ratio became an issue somehow, I'd be in trouble. Please enlighten
me...it's a good amount of dough for me right now. Thanks!