Old January 13th 05, 05:40 PM
Sportster4Eva

Olaf Gustafson wrote:

> I saw what looked like it may have been a car at some point that had
> been t-boned by an 18-wheeler this morning.
>
> Someone ran a red light. I'm guessing it wasn't the trucker,
> although I could be wrong about that.

The place I work at is on a pretty good hill..and when people leave,
everyone waits until a couple of seconds after the green before going.
There have been at least 5 fatalities, and countless side impacts, from
people running the light. Many times it is large trucks running the
light because they either can't or won't stop for the light due to the
hill and their weight. I saw a precast concrete truck loaded with sewer
boxes throw a lumber truck that was turing into the driveway a couple
hundred feet one summer. It was hideous. I was going out for lunch and
had I been 10-20 seconds sooner...

--
Paul
'91 XL1200