Old March 1st 06, 05:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

Default Michelin Tires

Gummy Mummy wrote:
> I was at Costco and they were out of both yesterday. I guess I can call
> around and try to negotiate with someone else.
> The LTX was $155 and the Cross Terrain was $175. Plus at Costco, all the
> mounting, balancing, and stems are free.

Be aware that the tires sold at Costco are not the same as tires sold
elsewhere (at least that was true for the Michelin X-One/X-Radials I was
looking into a couple of years ago). Go the the Michelin web page and
look up the tire specs. They are incredibly boring-looking tables, but
they will likely tell you that the tires you'll get at Costco have 2/16"
less tread than the tires you'll get somewhere else.