Old July 15th 05, 06:52 PM
Dan

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:32:28 -0400, General Schvantzkoph
> wrote:

SNIP

>> Do you have the 5.7 with multiple displacement system (MDS)?
>>
>> I've got the 5.7L HEMI MDS in the RT. I get about 18 around town and
>> 22/23 on trips. A good bit of "around town" is local interstate.
>> Trips have been 2 or three adults with enough luggage to fill a moving
>> van, driving 75 to 85 most of the way.
>>
>> My milege is way better than the guys I know with the 5.7L in Dodge
>> trucks. I know a guy with a Magnum with the larger V-6 who says I'm
>> getting better mileage than he is.
>>
>> Dan

>Yes I have the 5.7 HEMI with AWD. I've got a couple of long trips coming
>up in the next couple of weeks, I'll see what I get on thiose. But so far
>I've been getting between 14.7 and 16.

My Magnum RT is just rear wheel drive. I would expect slightly lower
gas mileage with 4WD, similar to the difference in gas mileage between
2WD and 4WD trucks. My kid the drag racer knows all the technical
terms to explain the difference. Something about "rotating weight" of
the drive train every time you accelerate from a stop. Anyway, 4WD
usually uses more gas.

Dan