Old July 15th 05, 01:04 PM
N8N

C.H. wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:05:00 -0700, N8N wrote:
>

> > C.H. wrote:

> >> And for every Supra Toyota has built literally hundreds of boring and
> >> staid Corollas and Avalons. And the Supra is dead anyway, so Toyota only
> >> builds ultra boring sedans now.

> > My point was that a Corolla, Avalon, Jetta, etc. is a vastly better car
> > than a Lumina, Malibu (well, I'm reserving judgement on that - I haven't
> > had any experience with the new one) Cavalier, etc and is more engaging to
> > drive as well.

> The Lumina has been out of production for years. The new Malibu seems ok
> and in the price range of a new Cavalier you won't find much even from
> Japan, at least no 4-seat sedans.

Hyundai? Not Japanese but less expensive and more appealing.

> The Jetta on the other hand has major reliability problems and I
> personally despise it, YMMV.

Balls. It would be my pick of the group. Probably will outlast any
two of the other cars mentioned.

> And I have never seen a car more uninspired
> and boring than a Toyota Corolla.

At least it's competent, handles well, and is available with a decent
manual transmission. Probably more reliable than anything GM makes as
well.

> >> Because bread and butter sedans are not even marginally interesting in
> >> most brands.

> > I disagree, most of the competition at least tries to be somewhat more
> > interesting than a typical GM product.

> If they really are trying they are failing miserably at it.

Denial - it's not just a river in Egypt anymore.

There's a reason people don't buy GM products - and it's not "bias" or
"hatred" much as you'd wish to call it that.

nate