Old July 14th 05, 10:47 PM
General Schvantzkoph

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:54:09 -0400, mdrawson wrote:

> Good input, thanx. I am curious about the mileage. The sticker says 25
> highway (I'd use the car primarily as a road car).
>
> "General Schvantzkoph" > wrote in message
> news
>> On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:54:42 -0500, Dan wrote:

>>> 1) Car runs like a scalded dog.
>>> 2) Early production models pulled to the right. Fixed by dealer.
>>> Adjusted cradle and installed new alignment adjustment bolt.
>>> 3) Center rear seat belt retractor jammed first time granddaughter sat
>>> in middle seat. Fixed by dealer.
>>> 4) Continental tires are prone to premature wear. Wear bars showing
>>> at 20,000 miles.
>>>
>>> Car is fun to drive, handles great, and gets reasonable mileage for a
>>> 4,400 pound wagon. And it's FAST.

>> Just curious what you consider reasonable mileage? I have a 300C, it has
>> the performance of a rocket unfortunately it also has the fuel economy of
>> a rocket. I'm getting less than 15MPG, 18 on the highway, my old
>> Concorde got 22, and 29 on the highway.

Before I bought my 300C I did a back of the envelope calculation to see if
the lousy mileage would pass my threshold of pain. I only drive 12000
miles a year, a figure thats been constant for 30 years. The difference
between the 300C and something more economical like an Acura TL (which
gets 22) is 250 gallons a year. If you assume $2.5 a gallon that's around
$650, if you assume $5 a gallon then a still only $1300 which isn't much
considering that the car costs $40,000. However there is the inconvenience
of having to fill up all the time, at 15MPG the range is pretty limited.