Old June 27th 05, 01:22 AM
Earle Horton

The problem is insufficient freon in the system. Fixing it is a two step
process. (1) Find the leak. (2) Evacuate the system and fill it with the
exact amount of refrigerant required.

If you were a redneck shade-tree mechanic, you might get one of those
twelve-ounce cans of freon, that comes with its own recharge hose, and fill
the system until you thought it was working properly. This might work, but
for long-term satisfaction you have to find and fix that leak.

Earle