Old August 5th 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
DougW

Default 96 cherokee coolant leak

gcdenis wrote:
> i went outside today and my jeep had leaked all of its coolant. a
> friend said that it was probably the freezer valves. how much does
> that usually cost to fix and how long?

...freezer valves?..

If your friend is talking about the freezeplugs or casting plugs
then that is possible but highly unlikely.

It is more likely the hoses are old.
Look around the engine, under the engine, and check
the hoses that lead to the heater core (run back along
the passenger side of the valve cover) These can crack
at the pump.

Is the radiator compleatly empty?
You will probably have to fill it up and run the engine
to find where the coolant went.

Also wash down the coolant from the street/driveway. It is
toxic to animals.

--
DougW