Old December 30th 04, 11:06 PM
twaldron

No problem going with the RE 2" spacer lift until you get the funds up
for the 4". I would've suggested that anyway. Best of all, you can Ebay
the spacers when you are done. It's not like they wear out.

wrote:

> Ok, so I recently traded in my 02 TJ sport for an 04 unlimited (more
> room for my 7 week old child & safety seat). I've got 31's on it right
> now and will eventually be going larger.
>
> I'd like to put a 2" for now, as my wheeling habits and skills are
> still growing. Eventually, I'd like to go 4" w 33's. Because it's my
> daily driver, I know that I'd have to regear to a 4.11 or 4.56 to make
> the 33's a realistic option.
>
> Should I put in a 2" now and then eventually replace it?
> or
> Do I just wait around until I can afford the larger lift & wheels &
> tires & regear?
>
> Does anyone have any experience with the Rubicon Express 2" budget
> lift? I have a limited budget and the difference between that and an
> OME (which I would prefer) could be used for additional mods.

tw

71 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco
03 TJ Rubicon - Rubicon Express 4.5"
01 XJ Sport

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."
-- Dave Barry

Pronunciation: 'jEp
Function: noun
Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase')
A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80-inch wheelbase,
1/4-ton capacity, and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in
World War II.

(Please remove the OBVIOUS to reply by email)