Old January 1st 05, 01:53 AM
2.3Sleeper

"Stuart&Janet" > wrote in message
> Well it was about 10 degrees C here in Ontario today. Everyone here gets

all excited " hey
> it's going to be 10 degrees today!" they all exclaim. Problem is when it

is that
> temperature here in Dec/Jan it is rainy damp and foggy as hell. Frankly,

I'd rather have
> it cold and dry. I did an oil change on my little commuter Escort today

and it was colder
> than a witches nipple with the dampness and the cold wet breeze plus all

the wet crap on
> my garage floor made it rather fun! I hear Oklahoma has bad ice storms

from time to
> time(?)

2 years ago, we had like a 2 or 3 day ice storm. 30k or 40k without power.
The day after the storm was when I wentto pick up my GT. I almost could not
see to drive. The sun was brilliant and when it hit the ice, it was like
pure white light hitting you from every direction.

Don Manning

I have a bud in Okla. City. StuK

> > wrote in message
> m...
> > Similar in Arkansas =) Like today's weather... BEAUTIFUL!!
> >
> > -Mike
> >
> > --
> > A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT
> > Cold air intake
> > FRPP 3.73 gears
> > Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
> > Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo)
> > Hi-speed fan switch
> > 255/60R-15 rear tires
> > Subframe connectors
> > Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant
> >

> > "2.3Sleeper" > wrote in message
> > > No, not some funny email. Just my random thoughts.
> > >
> > > People get this image of Oklahoma because we are prone to tornado's.

So
> > are
> > > about 15 other states. Thing is, we have had a few bad ones...and one

damn
> > > movie, so people stick us with that. For some reason, they put the

most
> > > redneck ass people on the news when this happens. I can understand why
> > > people get certain idea's about us "Okies".
> > >
> > > However...I love this state. A week ago, I froze my ass off at work

all
> > > night long. In and out of the vehicle. Dealing with stupid people,

giving
> > > out parking violation stickers, etc. Cold, very cold. Colder that a

well
> > > digger's ass.
> > >
> > > We had a tornado at the end of October. Definitely out of season.

there is
> > > an old saying: If you don't like Oklahoma weather, wait a day. So it

has
> > > been cold. No surprise huh, it is December? Yesterday and today I

worked
> > for
> > > my father on one of the oil wells. 2 minutes ago, I admired the

sunburn on
> > > my neck, arms, and face. 72 degrees yesterday and damn close again

today.
> > > am in shorts, my kids are playing outside in shorts and shirt sleeves.

The