Old December 31st 04, 10:55 PM
2.3Sleeper

Default Why people talk **** about Oklahoma...

No, not some funny email. Just my random thoughts.

People get this image of Oklahoma because we are prone to tornado's. So are
about 15 other states. Thing is, we have had a few bad ones...and one damn
movie, so people stick us with that. For some reason, they put the most
redneck ass people on the news when this happens. I can understand why
people get certain idea's about us "Okies".

However...I love this state. A week ago, I froze my ass off at work all
night long. In and out of the vehicle. Dealing with stupid people, giving
out parking violation stickers, etc. Cold, very cold. Colder that a well
digger's ass.

We had a tornado at the end of October. Definitely out of season. there is
an old saying: If you don't like Oklahoma weather, wait a day. So it has
been cold. No surprise huh, it is December? Yesterday and today I worked for
my father on one of the oil wells. 2 minutes ago, I admired the sunburn on
my neck, arms, and face. 72 degrees yesterday and damn close again today. I
am in shorts, my kids are playing outside in shorts and shirt sleeves. The
windows to the house are all open so that we can enjoy a nice Spring breeze.
Spring breeze? In December? Yep, and I love it.

I love my state.

Don Manning