Old September 2nd 06, 06:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire[_2_]

Default Honda Wires Rock!!!

Recently, my '83 Honda Civic FE refused to start.

A squirt of starting fluid in the carb did nothing. Hence, my attention
turned to ignition failure.

Changing the distributor did not fix it.

Changing the coil did not fix it.

Cleaning the (NGK) plugs barely allowed it to start. Once warmed up, it
would run and start OK.

Yesterday, I replaced the new coil wire with the old original OEM coil
wire and............. Started right up as it did this morning!

In fact, the car is running better than it ever has (while in my possession).

BTW, I have learned a lot from the postings here from the regulars and
others as well.

Thanks,

JT