Old June 15th 05, 10:27 PM
SteveG

zerouali wrote:
>>It was late at night when I composed that (well late for me anyway). What
>>I was trying to say is that when the nice policeman stops you for doing 35
>>in a 30 zone and you try to plead that your speedo was only registering 30
>>then he isn't going to believe you because your speedo is designed to read
>>higher than you're actually going.
>>
>>Does it make sense now?
>>
>>--
>>Regards
>>
>>Steve G

> No mate, if your speedo is reading higher than you're going then you should
> never be caught speeding.
> If the cops stop you for doing 35 in a 30 your speedo would have been
> showing 40mph. ;-)

Yes I understand that. I was trying to emphasise that because the speedo
reads high by design (i.e. to comply with legislation) trying to tell
the police that your speedo was reading less than you were actually
travelling won't be accepted as an excuse because he/she (the police
officer, that is) knows that's not true.

--
Regards

Steve G