Old January 7th 05, 02:49 AM
Shag

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:43:11 -0600, "Charles Fregeau"
> wrote:

>"Shag" > wrote in message
.. .
>> ...the song "Everyone's A Winner" by Hot Chocolate.
>> http://www.local6.com/news/4055433/detail.html
>>
>> ---
>>
>> "Knowledge speaks; wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix
>> "Stupid people are funny." - me

>Trav, we got people in Chicago driving away from license suspension hearings
>all the time. That's why insurance rates are so high.

I still remember "back in the day" (this was about 20 years ago) when
I lost my license for "willful speed competition with another motor
vehicle" (exact wording on the ticket...and YES, I won the race :-).
I went to court over it and the judge dude told me I had to surrender
my driver's license for 30 days (and in those 30 days I ripped the
exhaust system off of my car and replaced it with headers, glasspacks,
and dual-exhaust to make it go faster) and I asked the judge how I was
supposed to get home. He said "Well, you can't drive since you don't
have a license to drive now." I walked out into the parking lot, got
in my car, turned the key, and WOW! The car started right up. I
drove home. I guess the judge didn't know what he was talking about.
I drove home without a license just fine. I was doing construction
work with my dad at the time and drove his pickup-truck back-and-forth
between the job site and Lowes dozens of times, too. Man. I thought
judges were supposed to be smart. :-)

---