Old February 7th 05, 10:52 PM
Peter Bell

In message >
(Bill Klein) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Recently acquired a 2002 A4 and am very happy with it so far.

[Snip]

> is there a way to have the dash illuminate when the headlights are on,
> but stay dim otherwise?

Yes, the illumination of the scales and the pointers can be altered on
the B6 chassis. You'll need someone with a VAG-COM, or a cooperative
dealer. Module 17, Adaption Channel 19 :

0 - Nothing lit until exterior lights on
1 - Pointers lit all the time
2 - Scales lit all the time
3 - Pointers and scales lit all the time.

However, I'm not sure whether the DRL setting affects this.