Old July 21st 05, 03:20 AM
Paul

at 18 Jul 2005, rw ] wrote in
m:

> Gasoline is a standard commodity. If you're paying a premium, you're
> a sucker.

Yes and no. Gasoline indeed is standard, but it's the additives that
distinguish the brands. Neither my Mustang nor my wife's Geo runs well
on either the local Racetrack or Murphy gas. Symptoms are lack of zip
during acceleration as well as crappier gas mileage. Using 76 gives
excellent zip but lower gas mileage as well but this is due to their
formulation. Both vehicles run superb on Citgo and Chevron. Since all 5
above stations are pretty close to eachother prices generally only
differ 1 to 2 pennies a gallon. In my opinion definately worth to go
Citgo or Chevron. Especially as that way I save the fuel/injector
cleaner bottle every 3000 or so miles. Used to have to do that running
the cheapest gas. Haven't had a need for it now that our vehicles run
Chevron & Citgo gas about 95% of the time.

One warning though, at least down here in Florida. If you see the truck
restocking a station, avoid getting gas there at that time as that
seems to stir up the sediment in the tanks which gets in your tank and
can cause problems with cloggin up the injectors..

--
_ 1995 Mustang V6 Coupe (Bright Blue)
|_| Member Modern Mustangs of North America (MMNA)